Not sure where to start?
We’ll guide you to the right information.
Autism Day Treatment
For children ages 2-6
The Autism Day Treatment (ADT) program at St. David's Center supports children ages 2-6 with primary diagnoses of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Interested in working here?
Mental Health Approach
Our ADT program is the only day treatment program in the West metro that leverages an interdisciplinary team of child therapists including a:
- Licensed psychologist/mental health professional
- Mental health practitioner
- Music therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Speech/language therapist
Our program creates a tailored plan to meet your child's individual needs. We take an integrated approach to treating the challenges associated with ASD including difficulties with:
- social interaction
- sensory processing
Find out what a day in Autism Day Treatment looks like.
Inclusion and Support
We support your child in improving functioning both inside and outside of the classroom. We provide the opportunity for your child to transition to a supportive and inclusive preschool classroom in the same building.
Autism Day Treatment Family Support Groups
We recognize that your entire family is affected by autism. We value communication and collaboration with parents and caregivers of every child in the program. We also offer:
- support groups
Find out more about the ongoing Family Support Groups for current and past Autism Day Treatment families.
About Our Therapists
As a collaborative team, our Autism Day Treatment staff bring a high level of experience and expertise to their treatment including:
- A licensed music therapist with 30 years of experience using music and movement to facilitate socialization and improve the quality of learning
- Licensed psychologists and social workers trained in psychological testing of autism spectrum disorders and individual and group therapy
- Occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists with training/experience in autism spectrum disorders, feeding therapy and therapeutic listening
- Mental health professionals and practitioners with expertise in early childhood development and autism spectrum disorders
- Dedication to providing education and support for families
- Training for para-professional and graduate-level interns in the classroom
Autism Day Treatment Information Session
To learn more about the ADT program, you are invited to attend an information session presented by ADT program staff where we discuss:
- the ADT philosophy and treatment approaches
- the multi-disciplinary team
- the intake process
- family support services and funding
You will have the opportunity to ask specific questions about your child as well as tour the treatment spaces. This information session is highly recommended for all families on the ADT waitlist or those considering the program. Please note: information sessions are for parents only; no childcare is provided.
- Thursday, June 9, 2016 from 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the Minnetonka campus
- Many major insurances, Medical Assistance/TEFRA, PMAPs and private pay
- Medica customers may qualify for our autism support services
St. David's Center for Child & Family Development | 3395 Plymouth Road Minnetonka, MN 55305 | (952) 939-0396
Serving Minneapolis and the Greater Twin Cities Metro