Our team of therapists offer evaluation and treatment for children with severely restricted eating patterns.
Our trained therapists will evaluate your child’s needs, including a review of what is or is not working during family meal times, and create an individualized treatment plan.
Our non-invasive, supportive approach helps resolve feeding issues while incorporating parent education and home practice, which are a vital part of the treatment.
Feeding consultations and therapies are available for children of all ages.
Recognizing Feeding Problems in Children
A referral for feeding evaluation may be warranted if a child exhibits two or more of the following:
- Ongoing poor weight gain or weight loss
- Ongoing choking, gagging or coughing, vomiting during meals
- History of nasal or gastric reflux
- History of a traumatic choking incident
- Inability to make age-appropriate food transitions
- Aversion or avoidance of all foods in specific texture or food group
- Eats fewer than 20 different foods
- Family mealtimes feel like battles