Immediate openings available
Whether you're concerned about a specific area of your child's development or your child is diagnosed with special needs, our highly skilled occupational therapists focus on the whole child to improve function in daily activities.
From initial evaluation through intervention, our therapists are guided by your child's individual needs and strengths and strive to engage him or her in “just right challenges” to build confidence along with skills.
Pilar developed important skills in her therapies
that could be applied at home and in the classroom.
- Read Pilar's story
Areas that may be addressed in treatment include:
- sensory processing and modulation
- postural motor skills
- motor planning
- gross and fine motor development
- visual perceptual and visual motor integration skills
- play and social communication skills
- attention and organizational abilities
- self-help skills including development of oral motor and feeding skills
Therapists work closely with your family and welcome collaboration with other providers to support your child’s functioning at home, school and in the community. Their techniques are developed to elicit joy in play and support independence in daily activities.
An occupational therapist works with a child in one of our therapy gyms
About Our Therapists
Our occupational therapists have a broad range of knowledge and expertise to meet the individual needs of children and families including:
- Advanced training and experience with
- sensory processing and sensory integration disorders
- postural motor difficulties
- motor planning deficits
- autism spectrum disorders
- attention and learning disorders
- fine and visual motor difficulties
- complex neurobiological and behavioral disorders
- infant regulatory disorders and oral-motor / sensory-based feeding disorders
- Individualized evaluations and intervention planning
- Co-treatment with speech pathologists, collaboration with other providers and home program development for families
- Knowledge-based best practices, innovation in service delivery and family-centered services
- Committment to ongoing professional development through community outreach and internships for masters level occupational therapy students
All major insurance, Medical Assistance/TEFRA, PMAPs and private pay.
St. David's Center for Child & Family Development | 3395 Plymouth Road Minnetonka, MN 55305 | (952) 939-0396
Serving Minneapolis and the Greater Twin Cities Metro