Not sure where to start?
We’ll guide you to the right information.
Because I want the best for my child
A St. David’s Center parent of four years, Jill has always believed the Early Childhood Education program was the best choice for her sons.
What makes it the best? For Jill it's the teachers and facilities. “The love and dedication the teachers have for each child is unbelievable.” Jill also has peace of mind knowing her sons have plenty of room to learn and grow in St. David’s Center’s spacious gyms, vibrant playgrounds and playful classrooms.
“It is such a good feeling to know that your child has a solid foundation and is socially and academically ready for kindergarten.”
Exceptional Early Childhood Education
At St. David’s Center, we know early childhood education lays the foundation for a lifelong love of learning. Because every child brings unique contributions and qualities to the classroom, we believe learning should be guided collaboratively by children, teachers and environments that promote social and cognitive development through play. We focus on the important relationships in a child’s life and invite parents to be involved in their children’s early learning through open communication and thoughtful collaboration.
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to learning, our philosophy is informed by the following core beliefs:
- Early education lays the foundation for life-long educational curiosity.
- Relationships affect all aspects of a young child’s development.
- The teacher’s role is to partner with, nurture and guide children in all areas of development.
- Social-emotional development is the foundation for all other areas of learning.
- Indoor and outdoor environments serve as the “third educator” in collaboration with teachers and children.
Serving children of all abilities from 16 months to 7 years, we offer:
- a Reggio Emilia-inspired preschool program (16 months to Pre-K)
- 3-hour, 6-hour and full-day options
- extended day childcare for working parents
- a vibrant summer program (up to age 7)
- optional enrichment classes during the school year, featuring art, music and athletics
- age-appropriate in-center and out-of-center field trips
- English-Spanish classes
Reflecting the diverse needs of children in the community, our inclusive programs serve:
- typically developing children
- children with special needs
Located in Minnetonka, our school features:
- a DNR-certified school forest
- 10 acres of land including a portion of Minnehaha Creek
- two age-specific playgrounds
St. David's Center for Child & Family Development | 3395 Plymouth Road Minnetonka, MN 55305 | (952) 939-0396
Serving Minneapolis and the Greater Twin Cities Metro