Not sure where to start?
We’ll guide you to the right information.
A Healthy Transition
When Paul’s parents learned he was withdrawing from friendships and acting out in school, they were concerned. They knew the divorce had been hard on him, but now it was time to get help.
Once in therapy at St. David’s Center, it took several approaches to work through the damage that had been done. The therapist met with the parents alone to emphasize the importance of staying neutral in front of Paul. Family therapy was done with all three of them to help bring out feelings and facilitate communication. Paul also went through individual therapy where relaxation techniques were used to help him deal with his anxiety.
Just a few months into treatment, Paul’s parents and teachers noticed a significant difference.
“Because of therapy, he was able to let go of the anger he was holding inside and begin to re-engage with friends and family.”
Mental Health Services
For children and families
We specialize in early childhood mental health and serve children and families with developmental delays/disabilities, physical challenges, medical complications, attention deficit disorders and emotional/behavioral disturbances.
At St. David's Center, we understand that every family's needs are unique
Our Mental Health Services integrate with all of the programs offered at St. David's Center so that we can provide each family with the most comprehensive support.
- Individual, Group and Family Therapy (Center-Based and Community-Based)
- Testing & Consultation
- Family Place Day Treatment
- Mental Health Skills Training
- Children's Mental Health Case Management
About our mental health professionals:
The mental health staff are a team of Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers and Licensed Psychologists who represent a variety of backgrounds and areas of expertise to best meet the needs of each individual and/or family including:
- Experience working with clients coping with anxiety, depressive and adjustment disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, trauma and abuse, feeding disturbance, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, and autism spectrum disorders
- Expertise in diagnostic assessments and treatment planning
- Individual, family or group therapy services
- Psychological testing for cognitive, social-emotional and behavioral functioning, including autism spectrum disorders
To refer a client, please download and complete our Referral for Services Form. Upon completion, please fax to 952.548.8685 Attn: CORE.
St. David's Center for Child & Family Development | 3395 Plymouth Road Minnetonka, MN 55305 | (952) 939-0396
Serving Minneapolis and the Greater Twin Cities Metro