Latest Renovation News
Building expansion 2015
For more than 50 years, St. David's Center has been dedicated to the development of every child
In June 2015, the second and final phase of the $13.7 million renovation and expansion of our 94 year-old building will begin. Our goal is to build a state-of-the-art early childhood, early intervention treatment and training center.
Goals of Phase 2 (2015)
To meet the increasing demand for high quality child care and child development services by:
- Enlarging the existing building by 6,800 square feet
To increase access for children and families seeking services and create a positive and confidential client experience by:
- Expanding the Pediatric Therapy Clinic by adding therapy and assessment spaces, and renovating speech and music therapy rooms
- Renovating Mental Health Day Treatment classrooms
- Renovating the lobby and waiting area
To maximize and preserve the unique aspects of our campus’ natural setting while providing opportunities to incorporate the outdoors as part of education and therapy by:
- Adding a new, natural playground and boardwalk integrated into our 2.5 acre DNR-registered School Forest
Goal of Phase 1 (completed 2012)
To increase access for children and families seeking child development services by expanding, redesigning, and renovating:
- Autism Day Treatment Wing
- Children's Mental Health Clinic
- Pedatric Therapy Clinic (speech therapy)
More about completed projects.
When both phases of renovation and expansion are completed, we will be able to reach 94% more children and families with early identification and early intervention services.
Thank you for your patience as we work to better meet the needs of children and families.
St. David's Center for Child & Family Development | 3395 Plymouth Road Minnetonka, MN 55305 | (952) 939-0396
Serving Minneapolis and the Greater Twin Cities Metro