Our team of therapists offer evaluation and treatment for children with severely restricted eating patterns, generally eating foods from only one food or texture group.
Using a multidisciplinary feeding therapy evaluation, our trained therapists create a plan that meets each child's individual needs.
Our non-invasive, supportive approach helps resolve feeding issues while incorporating parent education and home practice, which are a vital part of the treatment.
Feeding consultations and therapies are available for children of all ages.
Recognizing Feeding Problems in Children
A referral for feeding evaluation may be warranted if a child exhibits two or more of the following:
- Ongoing poor weight gain or weight loss
- Ongoing choking, gagging or coughing, vomiting during meals
- History of nasal or gastric reflux
- History of a traumatic choking incident
- Inability to make age appropriate food transitions
- Aversion or avoidance of all foods in specific texture or food group
- Eats fewer than 20 different foods
- An infant who cries and/or arches at most meals
- Family mealtimes feel like battles
All major insurance, Medical Assistance/TEFRA, PMAPs and private pay.
St. David's Center for Child & Family Development | 3395 Plymouth Road Minnetonka, MN 55305 | (952) 939-0396
Serving Minneapolis and the Greater Twin Cities Metro