Not sure where to start?
We’ll guide you to the right information.
Where Everybody Belongs
At St. David's Center, inclusion is not a practice or an educational strategy, it is a value. Learn how preschool children, like Jonathan, benefit when they have opportunities to play and learn side-by-side with children of all abilities. Watch video.
Play for All
St. David's Center opened the first toddler playground in Minnesota combining inclusive and natural play elements in September 2010. Learn more.
Importance of Early Intervention
Learn how preschool children with developmental challenges, like Joey and Drew, make gains faster thanks to intensive, targeted intervention early in life. Watch video.
St. David's Center proudly meets all of the Charity Review Council's Accountability Standards for non-profits. Charities that meet all standards are granted the use of the Council's "Meets Standards" seal which gives donors indication of a charity's commitment to accountable and ethical practices. Learn more.
What is St. David's Center?
With a 50-year history, St. David's Center has grown and changed based on community need. Learn more about the organization today and our goals for the future in this video overview.
Finding a Toy for Your Child with Special Needs
St. David's Center partnered with Creative Kidstuff to train their staff and develop a website to help you find the right toy for your child with special needs, develop their skills and show you the best way to play. Check it out.
"Tee Up for Tomorrow" Golf Tournament
Golf Hazeltine while supporting St. David's Center at our Inaugural Tee Up for Tomorrow Golf Tournament presented by the Minnesota Vikings and John Randle on Monday, July 15. Learn more.
Information for Prospective Families
The Early Childhood Education (ECE) program at St. David's Center has a more than 50-year reputation of providing high-quality preschool and extended-day child care for families in Minnetonka and the surrounding Twin Cities west metro. Our program serves children ages 16 months to five years and focuses on the individual needs of each child, helping them reach their full potential.
Some of the features of the ECE program at St. David's Center include:
- School readiness: With a focus on educating the whole child in a classroom environment, the curriculum develops a child's pre-academic, social/emotional and motor skills to better prepare them for success in school
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Enrichment classes (i.e., music, art, etc.)
- An English/Spanish preschool option
- Summer programs (through age seven)
- Unique learning and playing environments, including large gyms, playgrounds and a School Forest
- Vibrant classrooms with spaces for art, sensory, dramatic play and reading
- Inclusive classroom environments: Children with special needs are thoughtfully included in the classroom with extra support staff to ensure a positive experience for all children. Children with typical needs are taught lifelong skills such as empathy, compassion, being flexible and patient, and the value of each individual.
- Low teacher-to-student ratios, allowing for more one-on-one attention
- Head teachers with four-year degrees in child development, education, psychology or related field
- Ongoing staff training and development
- Extended child care for all age groups
- Family support and regular parenting lectures
- Access to additional onsite services and therapies, including collaboration with ECE teachers to benefit each child
We hope that the following information will help you determine if St. David's Center is the right preschool for your family.
St. David's Center for Child & Family Development | 3395 Plymouth Road Minnetonka, MN 55305 | (952) 939-0396
Serving Minneapolis and the Greater Twin Cities Metro