Not sure where to start?
We’ll guide you to the right information.
Where Everybody Belongs
At St. David's Center, inclusion is not a practice or an educational strategy, it is a value. Learn how preschool children, like Jonathan, benefit when they have opportunities to play and learn side-by-side with children of all abilities. Watch video.
Play for All
St. David's Center opened the first toddler playground in Minnesota combining inclusive and natural play elements in September 2010. Learn more.
Importance of Early Intervention
Learn how preschool children with developmental challenges, like Joey and Drew, make gains faster thanks to intensive, targeted intervention early in life. Watch video.
St. David's Center proudly meets all of the Charity Review Council's Accountability Standards for non-profits. Charities that meet all standards are granted the use of the Council's "Meets Standards" seal which gives donors indication of a charity's commitment to accountable and ethical practices. Learn more.
What is St. David's Center?
With a 50-year history, St. David's Center has grown and changed based on community need. Learn more about the organization today and our goals for the future in this video overview.
Finding a Toy for Your Child with Special Needs
St. David's Center partnered with Creative Kidstuff to train their staff and develop a website to help you find the right toy for your child with special needs, develop their skills and show you the best way to play. Check it out.
"Tee Up for Tomorrow" Golf Tournament
Our Inaugural Tee Up for Tomorrow Golf Tournament presented by the Minnesota Vikings and John Randle on took place on Monday, July 15. Learn more.
- "St. David's Center Welcomes the Community to its 8th Annual Free Fall Festival for Families" (September 10) Read news release
- "St. David's Center Will Renew State Bond Funds Request in 2014" (May 2013) Read news release
- "St. David's Center & Minnesota Vikings Announce Inaugural Tee Up for Tomorrow Golf Tournament" (April 2013) Read news release
- "St. David's Center Shines Light on Early Intervention at its 2013 Make Them Shine Gala" (February 2013) Read news release
- "St. David's Center Launches New Assessment Team to Help Struggling Preschoolers" (September 2012) Read news release
- Get Out and Grow! (September 2012) Read news release
- St. David's Center Meets Community Need with Grand Opening of Children's Mental Health Clinic and Autism Day Treatment Suites (July 2012) Read news release
- From Minnesota to the Nation's Capital: Sharing the Importance of Environmental Education (July 2012) Read news release
- St. David's Center Announces New Board Members (June 2012) Read news release
- Creative Kidstuff Partners with St. David's Center for Child & Family Development (April 2012) Read news release
- "Unique Outdoor Activities at Free Fall Festival," KARE 11, September 28, 2013
- "St David’s Center Encourages Community to ‘Get Out and Grow’," Sun Sailor, September 17, 2013
- "Minnetonka’s St. David’s Center, Vikings host first golf tournament," Sun Sailor, June 25, 2013
- "St. David’s Center, Vikings host tourney," Star Tribune West, June 2013
- "Mental Health, A Family Affair: How Managing Your Own Stress And Emotions Supports Your Child's Health And Wellbeing," Mom Enough, May 6, 2013
- "Finding The Right Learning Toys For An Autistic Child," WCCO 4, April 25, 2013
- "The St. David's Center Annual Gala Lights the Way for Children in Need," Minnesota Monthly Magazine, May 2013
- "Autism-Friendly Toys for Kids: Parents Get Guidance from Retailers," Pioneer Press, April 5, 2013
- "Picky Eaters and Problem Feeders," Minnesota Parent, April 2013
- "Creative Kidstuff and St. David's Team Up to Support Children with Autism," Lake Minnetonka Magazine, April 2013
- "A New Resource for Kids with Autism," KARE 11, March 20, 2013
- "St. David's Center Raises Funds at 'Make Them Shine' Gala," Minnetonka Patch, March 19, 2013
- "MN Store Caters to Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder," KSTP 5, March 15, 2013
- "Creative Kidstuff, St. David's Center Partner on Autism-Specific Toy Site," The Toy Book, March 4, 2013
- "St. David's 'Make Them Shine' Gala March 9," Sun Sailor, February 27, 2013
- "St. David's Center Holds 24th Annual Gala," Star Tribune, February 20, 2013
- "'Make Them Shine' at St. David's Center Benefit," Minnetonka Patch, February 19, 2013
- "St. David's Center 2013 'Make Them Shine' Gala, KARE 11, February 13, 2013
- "Family Matters to Personal Care Assistants," Twin Cities Daily Planet, January 22, 2013
- "Picky Eaters vs. Problem Feeders: Reasons, Strategies and Resources for Moving Forward," Mom Enough, January 21, 2013
- "Buying a Christmas Gift for a Child with Autism," Marion Star, December 21, 2012
- "How Do You Know if Your Child's Development is on Track?" Mom Enough, October 8, 2012
- "Get Out and Grow! St. David's Center Hosts Fall Festival," Minnetonka Patch, October 5, 2012
- "St. David's Center's Fall Festival Family Fun Oct. 6," KARE 11.com, October 1, 2012
- "St. David's Center Celebrates Recent Renovations: Local, State Leaders Help Welcome Remodeled Child Development Center in Minnetonka," Sun Sailor, August 1, 2012
- "Summer Break? Not for These PLT Educators," Project Learning Tree e-newsletter, Summer 2012
- "St. David's Center Expands Services for Autism, Mental Health," Minnetonka Patch, July 30, 2012
- "Autism Program Expands to Meet Growing Need in West Metro," KARE 11, July 26, 2012
- "An Expansion of Services for Children's Mental Health, Autism," Channel 12, July 26, 2012
- "St. David's Center Forest Coordinator Heads to Washington D.C.," Minnetonka Patch, July 17, 2012
- "Best Preschool/Daycare," Lake Minnetonka Magazine, July 2012
- "People," Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal, June 28, 2012
- "Students Not Allowed to Put Sunscreen on during School Field Trip Day," KSTP-TV, June 25, 2012
- "News," METRO Magazine, June 2012
- "Best of Lake Minnetonka 2012 Winners Revealed," Lake Minnetonka Magazine, June 20, 2012
- "Creative Kidstuff: Special Toys for Special Kids," Adventures in Extreme Parenthood, May 29, 2012
- "Special Toys for Special Children," FOX 9 News, May 3, 2012
- "Sensory and Development Toys for Kids on Every Level of the Autism Spectrum," Cool Mom Picks, April 29, 2012
- "Better Play for Kids with Autism," Love that Max, April 20, 2012
- "Do You Know a Child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder or Do You Worry Your Child May Have Such a Disability?" Mom Enough, April 9, 2012
- "Introducing Kidstuff Toys," Lake Minnetonka Magazine, April 9, 2012
- "Twin Cities Company Creates Toys for Kids with Autism," WCCO-TV, April 6, 2012
St. David's Center for Child & Family Development | 3395 Plymouth Road Minnetonka, MN 55305 | (952) 939-0396
Serving Minneapolis and the Greater Twin Cities Metro