Our Mission, Vision and Values
It is our mission to build relationships that nurture the development of every child and family.
We do this by:
- Embracing each individual's uniqueness,
- Enriching our community through opportunities, and
- Empowering children and families to thrive
As a result of the mission and work of St. David's Center:
- Young children of all abilities will be well prepared for learning and life through access to developmentally informed, emotionally responsive early childhood education.
- Children with developmental needs will have improved outcomes as a result of early intervention and treatment.
- Children, adolescents and adults with enduring special needs will thrive in their homes and communities through access to developmentally informed support services.
- Together with families, community partners and other stakeholders, St. David's Center will build communities that support healthy relationships and development.
We offer an inclusive environment that embraces the individual differences in children of all abilities. We value the individuality of every child and family and collaborate across disciplines to fully understand each child's growth and development in all areas: cognitive, social, emotional and physical.
To best accomplish our mission, we are guided by the following core beliefs:
All development unfolds along individual pathways
Nurturing relationships are fundamental for healthy development
Evolving partnerships are essential to meet the changing needs of families
Developmental success is enhanced through a thoughtfully integrated approach to services
Inclusive environments, embracing individual differences, promote optimal development of all people
Investing our resources in human development will lead to a stronger community, both today and in the future.
St. David's Center for Child & Family Development | 3395 Plymouth Road Minnetonka, MN 55305 | (952) 939-0396
Serving Minneapolis and the Greater Twin Cities Metro